Subject: FW: SSTC charter change?

Since Mike McIntosh raised this issue during the call today...

Here is part of an email exchange that I recently had with Karl re: the
voting requirements for a TC charter clarification.  I had also thought the
2/3 applied to total TC membership.  He emphatically stated that was not
correct.

The current TC process states "Approval for clarification shall require at
least 2/3 of the total membership of a TC voting to approve and no more than
1/4 voting to disapprove."  This is actually worded a bit ambiguously.
Based on my conversation with Karl, the "... total membership voting ..."
actually refers to the membership that is present at the quorum-valid
meeting where the vote is taken.

I will ask Karl to please confirm this and I will post his response to the
list.  I will also recommend that the TC process document be clarified.

Rob Philpott
RSA Security Inc.
The Most Trusted Name in e-Security
Tel: 781-515-7115