Subject: RE: IBM charter position (was [security-services] Groups - sstc-saml-charter-2.0-draft-02.doc uploaded)

Rob,

(1) My concern around the  "monolithic approach" is not the modularity, its
the composibility and how  identity, attributes, etc are composed with
middleware . How does the SS-TC see composing identity federation with
transactions, reliable messaging, business process work flow, etc. ? Maybe
I missed something and am dead wrong.

(2) Since you and other members of your company are authors of some of the
WS-* security specifications, I know you realize the value and the customer
requirements that drove the WS-* specifications, so there are all types of
customers out there. I can safely say that a vast majority of customers
want a solution that  meets their requirements but is also ubiquitous. IBM
is in strong support of the SS-TC and we want to make sure that we don't
loose the opportunity to have that ubiquity. Despite some folks view IBM is
not involved in the SS-TC to "obstruct" I'm involved  (1) because I believe
in the authentication and authorization work that is going on in the SS-TC
and (2) to help make sure that we don't wind up in a position where we will
not have a ubiquitous solution. I would hope that as co-chair of the SS-TC
that you also believe in the ubiquity and will work along with others in
the SS-TC and customers to make this happen.

(3) This is where I get worried of trying to resolve after the fact, as we
all know once there are implementations its hard to change, maybe you and
others have some thoughts in this area ?

IBM is looking  forward to help shape all input specifications to meet the
needs of customers.

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122