Subject: Re: [security-services] Liberty IPR Issues (was: Liberty ID-FF 1.2 submissionto the SSTC)

Anthony Nadalin wrote on 11/29/2003, 10:52 AM:

 > > An OASIS TC does not have the option of altering the OASIS IPR Policy.
 > The TC Comitted Process normative document ("official rules") state that
 >
 > Where did I say that the TC can alter the IPR policy ? The TC MUST comply
 > but can go beyond the default IPR policy and declare the
 > specifications RF.

The normative "OASIS Open Technical Committee Process" does not give the
TC the leeway to have it's own IPR policy.

If I am missing some statement in the rules that enable the TC to adopt
it's own IPR policy, please point to the section and paragraph.
Otherwise, we have to follow the rules defined by the OASIS Board for
the operation of the TC.

Conor