Subject: RE: [security-services] Proposed Agenda for SSTC Conference Call, Dec 23

Tony

The LECP work item has been discussed and accepted by the SSTC as a work item for some time. We have voted to move it forward.

Many members of the TC see the value of the work and that it clearly is a relevant SAML profile.

I'm not sure I understand the value of further TC discussion since it is clear that this work item is important to many TC members.

I appreciate your concern on other approaches and believe that work items have been proposed to meet your requirements more closely. This is not inconsistent since different profiles allow different use cases.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia Mobile Phones

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Anthony Nadalin [mailto:drsecure@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2003 9:43 PM
To: security-services@lists.oasis-open.org

Frederick,

I have a couple of issues:

(1) seems like a profile that another group like OMA takes up (but have not seen a requirement there either)
(2) seems to rely on a "proxy" that seems to be out of scope of SAML and thus seems like issue #1 may be where the profile and proxy can be provided
(3) seems there is nothing specific to SAML (value add) thus seems like issue #1 may be where the profile best done

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122
Inactive hide details for <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com><Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>

          <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>

          12/22/2003 07:47 AM