Subject: RE: [security-services] Propose addition of a SubjectRef element

> I Don't mind adding this.  However, I still prefer that we have an
> assertion level subject that applies to all statements implicitly
> unless it is overridden by a subject within the statement.

This is incredibly messy if we ever support statements that have truly
optional subjects. I don't know what that might be, but all in all I just
don't see the point of trying to "sort of" change the data model. Change it
or not.

> We see that most of the time, the Assertion will have a
> single subject (while allowing for those who see otherwise)
> and we would like to optimize that case.

I agree. Doesn't a SubjectRef element do this? The cost is pretty minimal
with much less invasiveness than an assertion subject. That just plain
doesn't fit the statement model, IMHO.