Subject: RE: [security-services] Proposal for assertion-level subjects

Argh! When I proposed assertion-level subjects, it was because I wanted to REDUCE complexity. All this talk of having both assertion and statement-level subjects, and confirmations, is making my head spin.

I want ONE subject/subject confirmation in each assertion, at the top level. NO statement-level elements.

I'm sick of optimizing the 5% case, at the expense of hundreds of lines of hard-to-test, hard-to-maintain code in *each* implementation.

If someone wants to support a choice between subject confirmation methods, we can define an "or" element structure in the assertion-level SC.

If someone wants to have two statements with different SCs, they can put them in separate assertions.

Any Other Path Leads To Madness.

 - irving (at least for me) -