Subject: Re: [security-services] Comments re: sstc-maler-w28a-attribute-draft-02.pdf

> Is there a separate use case for wanting to know that something is an
> X.500 attribute as opposed to simply knowing that it's a particular
> X.500 attribute?

I thought I'd heard people say that this is useful if you implement
handling of different attribute families with different code modules.  If
the family is indicated in the nameformat, then you know where to dispatch
without looking at the whole URI.  Whether this is a compelling argument I
don't know.

 - RL "Bob"