Subject: Re: [security-services] Moving subjects up to assertions (disregardfirst reply)

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding this, but if you take Subject out of
SubjectStatement, what is the difference between
SubjectStatementAbstractType and StatementAbstractType? So what makes
SubjectStatement (or AuthenticationStatement) a subject statement if the
Subject is at the same level as the statement in the assertion? That
makes me think Eve had this right - we have an Assertion and a
"SubjectlessAssertion" - at least conceptually. But I don't think I like
that concept so much - especially with multiple statements in the
assertion. In addition, the pseudo-schema you have below seems to
restrict your assertion to non-Subject related statements OR
Subject-related statements in one assertion but not both. That is not as
flexible as what we have now.

So, I guess I would suggest:

1) We define an container for Subject+SubjectStatements (where
SubjectStatement and its ilk are now descended from
StatementAbstractType, with additional other Subject related info
(SubjectLocality for example).
2) SubjectStatements can only appear in the container element (ie. along
with a Subject)
3) The SubjectStatementContainer and other statements can all exist in
the same assertion.

- JohnK