Subject: Attributes in SAML 2.0 and Alignment with SPML 1.0

I have received the suggestion that our treatment of attributes in SAML 2.0
be somewhat aligned with their treatment in SPML 1.0. As best as I can
figure out, SPML 1.0 uses the DSML 2.0 elements <dsml:DsmlAttr> and
<dsml:AttributeDescriptionValue> to represent X.500 attribute names and
values as XML elements.

Could anyone comment on the strengths and weaknesses of this approach?