Subject: RE: [security-services] BPP vs BAP for SAML 1.1

John -
I am sure you have already thought about this. But just in case, there are
two salient pro/con for BPP vs. BAP:
1. BAP has the advantage of being more compact on the Browser (i.e., only
the artifact passes through the browser),
2. BPP has the advantage that it is "self-confirming" and does not require a
(SOAP) connection from the assertion consumer to an assertion producer.

I personally think that (2) outweighs (1), but that's another matter.

Thanks,
Jahan

------
Jahan Moreh
Chief Security Architect
310.288.2141

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hughes [mailto:john.hughes@entegrity.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 1:12 AM
To: Security-Services
Subject: [security-services] BPP vs BAP for SAML 1.1

Its just crossed my mind that it might be good to have a small section in
the SAML 1.1 Technical Overview on the pros/cons using BAP vs BPP ( and vice
versa).  I can think of some - but welcome other input.

John

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security-services/members/leave
_workgroup.php.