Subject: SAML V2.0 diffs from SAML V1.1 and ID-FF V1.2

Attached are some slides I cooked up to describe SAML V2.0 changes,
along with a special version of the SAML core spec showing change bars
all the way from rev 02 through rev 08.  The numbers in the slides
correspond to line numbers in this version of the spec.  (I know we're
at core-10 now; the slides do comment on changes made since, but I was
too lazy to update the change bars, numbers, etc. quite yet.)

Thanks to Scott and JohnK for providing comments to help make the slides
more complete and accurate; they should note that I've revised the
slides again since they last saw them, and errors may have crept in...

I'm hoping this will help the following audiences:

- The SSTC in general, so we can make sure we really meant to do all this

- The editors of the eventual migration path/diffs/implementation guide
documents in particular

- People wanting to start implementing SAML V2.0 (should I send this, or
a later version, to saml-dev?)

If you see any inaccuracies, let me know.  I'm happy to maintain this
going forward, and put this into Kavi properly, if it's felt that a
slide format for this info is useful to have.

	Eve
Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Products, Technologies, and Standards    eve.maler @ sun.com

saml-v20-diffs.pdf

sstc-saml-core-2.0-draft-08-diff-from-02.pdf