Subject: Agenda for SSTC Conference Call, June 8

Dial in info: +1 865 673 6950 #351-8396

  1. Accept minutes from previous conference call
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200405/msg00113.html

  1. F2F details
    Dates and Times
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200404/msg00108.html
    Logistics
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200406/msg00000.html

    Please respond to
    Irving’s poll on people planning to join the meeting
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200406/msg00041.html

  1. Review of updated documents
            http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/download.php/7084/sstc-saml-authn-context-2-draft-05-diff-03.pdf

            http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/download.php/7114/sstc-saml-metadata-2%200-draft-06.pdf

           http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/download.php/7123/sstc-saml-profiles-2.0-draft-10-diff.pdf

4.    Recent messages

(a)    XACML Profile
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200406/msg00007.html

(b) Conformance Discussion
     TBD: message to arrive in the AM of June 8.

5.    Review of latest issues list (starting at TECH-1)
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/download.php/7022/sstc-saml-2.0-issues-draft-11-diff.pdf

   6. Open action items

0162: Proposal to replace SAML AuthenticationMethod Ids

Owner: John Kemp

Assigned: 11 May 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-05-11 05:37 GMT
Replace AuthNMethod Ids by AuthNContext framework

#0160: Separate Privacy concerns language from Element/Attribute descriptions

Owner: Prateek Mishra

Assigned: 30 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-04-30 18:14 GMT
Jeff H - We need to highlight privacy considerations related to core, could be notes in core, could be section.
*** AI: Prateek - will generate list potential changes from core

#0158: Propose changes to definition of Federation in glossary

Owner: Prateek Mishra

Assigned: 30 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:

#0157: Define Binding and Profile in Glossary

Owner: Jeff Hodges

Assigned: 30 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-04-30 18:10 GMT
o "atomic unit of interoperability" proposed

#0154: Schema changes so that AuthenticationMethod and AuthContext are parallel choices

Owner: John Kemp

Assigned: 30 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-04-30 17:58 GMT
We need to resolve if we will deprecate SAML AuthenticationMethod

*** AI: On hold - make schema changes so that AM and AuthContext are parallel choices

#0151: Limit number of supported combinations

Owner: Prateek Mishra

Assigned: 29 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-04-29 22:04 GMT
o PM- just because we can do it 3 ways doesn't mean we have to define them as SAML approved. Need to pull their weight. Somebody needs to drive this discussion. So who is going to this?

*** AI: Prateek takes ownership of driving a discussion on limiting combinations.

#0150: Relax Single AuthNStatement Constraint

Owner: Scott Cantor

Assigned: 29 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-04-29 22:02 GMT
o SC- Response Profile more extensive than that for AuthnRequest

o IR - the restriction that there be only a single AuthenticationStatement is too strict, SC- OK (will change)

*** AI: Scott: Relax AuthenticationStatement Occurrence

#0147: Chairs to solicit comment from saml-dev on gzip encoding

Owner: Prateek Mishra

Assigned: 29 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-04-29 21:57 GMT
Prateek wants to avoid having multiple encoding methods, and a working consensus in favor of the gzip approach appears to be developing.

o Jeff Hodges suggests that implementers' comments be solicited, and Prateek recommends that the chairs send a message to the saml-dev list.

*** AI: Chairs to solicit comments.

#0146: SOAP Binding works with WSS Model

Owner: Hal Lockhart

Assigned: 29 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-04-29 21:54 GMT
*** AI: Hal: Look at SOAP binding and make sure hand waving on WS-Security works.

#0145: Encryption Schema and Examples

Owner: Hal Lockhart

Assigned: 29 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-04-29 21:53 GMT
Hal: Summary: agreement to encrypt SAML Attribute Statement. Allow encryption of Assertion Statement, NameIdentifier and Attribute Statement.

*** Follow-up: Need schema and some examples.

#0144: Explain optional subject decision

Owner: Eve Maler

Assigned: 29 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-04-29 21:51 GMT
*** AI: Eve: Optional subject implemented in core spec prose. Schema shows that subject is optional.

o Eve: Has wanted to create a rationale for some of the decisions made on spec. Decision on subject less statements is a good example of what needs to be documented. Making an explicit design decision that is not really explicit on. By choosing to add prose to core spec we're making a stealth abstract profile (generic design decision) that applies to all explicit profiles.

o Scott: data model (design) decision to require subjects in all SAML statements.

#0143: Check SAML schema for consistency

Owner: Eve Maler

Assigned: 29 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-04-29 21:49 GMT
*** Follow-up: Examine SAML schema for consistent use of XML attributes vs. elements

#0141: Review/fix boilerplace text for Artifact Protocol

Owner: Eve Maler

Assigned: 27 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-04-27 15:24 GMT
o Prateek: Should we sign or authenticate?

***Follow-up: Review/fix boilerplate text re: recommendation for protecting messages

#0138: Schema snippet for UID Attribute Profile

Owner: Scott Cantor

Assigned: 27 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-04-27 15:10 GMT
XML schema for UID/OID plus friendly name

#0137: Propose text for core on validity of assertions

Owner: Bob Morgan

Assigned: 27 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-04-27 15:07 GMT
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200404/msg00048.html

#0134: Availability of GZIP Implementations

Owner: Greg Whitehead

Assigned: 27 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-04-27 14:58 GMT
- Greg to ensure that readily available GZIP implementations
can conform to our description in bindings

#0132: Text to explain privacy reqts when using certain NameFormat values

Owner: John Kemp

Assigned: 13 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:

#0131: Migration document describing changes to subject in SAML 2.0

Owner: Jeff Hodges

Assigned: 13 Apr 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-04-13 04:31 GMT
Explain how treatment of subjects have changed in going from SAML 1.X
to SAML 2.0. This might be an action for Scott?

#0130: Respond to paper on SAML 1.1 Browser Profiles

Owner: Prateek Mishra

Assigned: 29 Mar 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-03-29 17:04 GMT
Maryann Hondo and Prateek Mishra to draft response to paper by Thomas Gross.

#0128: Liason with XRI Data Interchange

Owner: Hal Lockhart

Assigned: 02 Mar 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-03-02 04:33 GMT
Hal will generate a posting on possible need to liaison.

#0125: Propose language to explain that AuthNResponse may contain attribute statements

Owner: Prateek Mishra

Assigned: 16 Feb 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-02-16 14:46 GMT
Easy to do but needs proposal on validity of assertion life-times as well.

#0123: Obtain MIME type registration for HTTP lookup of SAML

Owner: Jeff Hodges

Assigned: 13 Feb 2004

Due: ---

Comments:

#0117: Describe use-cases for attribute-based SSO in relationship to ID-FF 1.2 NameIdPolicy

Owner: Prateek Mishra

Assigned: 11 Feb 2004

Due: ---

Comments:

#0114: Propose language to address attribute-based federation

Owner: Prateek Mishra

Assigned: 19 Jan 2004

Due: ---

Comments:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200312/msg00064.html

#0105: Respond to IBM Analysis Paper

Owner:

Assigned: 19 Jan 2004

Due: ---

Comments:
Prateek Mishra 2004-01-19 23:09 GMT
- [ACTION] Scott & Tony to make recommendations based on IBM security
analysis paper