Subject: [no subject]

Public Review

Before the TC can submit its Committee Draft to OASIS membership for
review and approval as an OASIS Standard, the TC must conduct a public
review of the work. The decision by the TC to submit the work for public
review requires a majority vote. The review must be announced by the TC
Administrator on the OASIS members mail list and optionally on other
public mail lists. Review must take place for a minimum of 30 days,
during which time no changes may be made to the document. Comments must
be collected via the TC's archived public comment facility. The TC must
record the comments received as well as the resolution of those
comments.
--------------------------

As was noted, our "committee last call" step is an internal SSTC step we
want to use to ensure that the actual Committee Draft we end up
approving has seen some public review before we approve it as CD. =20

We do then intend to submit our CD for consideration as an OASIS
standard, so it will, of course, then need to go through the formal
30-day public review as per the process.

Am I misreading the process?  Where does it say we need a formal public
review BEFORE we approve a CD?

Thanks,

Rob Philpott
Senior Consulting Engineer=20