Subject: RE: [security-services] sstc-saml-profiles-2.0-figures-01.pdf

I understand.  My point was there was no *guaranteed* response (in case
of failure).  However, I found the section in Core that defines that
failure behavior and clarified my question about this profile.

Thanks,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Hodges [mailto:Jeff.Hodges@Sun.COM]
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 4:40 PM
To: oasis sstc

Beach, Michael C wrote:
> Question:
>
> On page 2 for Logout functionality, I assume 4. <LogoutResponse> may
> not occur?

 From this section of sstc-saml-profiles-2.0-draft-17...

1145: 4.4.3.4 Session Participant/Authority issues <LogoutResponse> to
Identity
         Provider

The session participant/authority MUST process the <LogoutRequest>
message as defined in [SAMLCore]. After processing the message or upon
encountering an error, the entity MUST issue a <LogoutResponse> message
containing an appropriate status code to the requesting identity
provider to complete the SAML protocol exchange.

..it looks like that step must occur.

JeffH

the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security-services/members/l