Subject: RE: [security-services] Additional text for MTI modes in digital signature and encryption

Is this security considerations material then?

Regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Mishra, Prateek [mailto:pmishra@netegrity.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 11:15 AM
To: SAML
Subject: [security-services] Additional text for MTI modes in digital
signature and encryption

At the August 10 conference call, I took an action to investigate
materials describing MTI algorithms/use of keyinfo etc. for digital
signature and encryption. The thinking was this was material might be
readily accessible from existing ID-FF 1.2 or SAML 2.0 drafts.

After briefly looking thru the cited materials, my conclusion is that
this material is not so readily available and will require some
discussion on the list. In addition, we should also make sure we
incorporate experience from the SAML 1.0 and SAML 1.1 interops as well
as that of the Liberty (ID-FF) conformance events.

My proposal is that we omit this section for the CD draft. This material
has no impact on the normative text of schema and is more on the lines
of a baseline/advice for implementers. This section could be added at
the conclusion of the OASIS review process.

the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security-services/members/l
eave_workgroup.php.