Subject: Notice of SSTC vote to approve SAML 2.0 as a Committee Draft and request for public review

Hi Karl,

            On Tuesday,  August 17, the OASIS SSTC unanimously voted to move the SAML 2.0 specifications to Committee Draft status and then voted to request that the specs be submitted to OASIS for public review. The minutes recording these votes are at:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200408/msg00153.html

At the time of the Tuesday con-call, the SSTC had 42 voting members.  35 of the 42 were in attendance on the call and unanimously voted for CD status.  This exceeds the required 2/3 majority.

The simple majority vote for submitting the specs to OASIS for a public review was 28 yes, 0 no, and 3 abstaining.

The PDF files and all schema XSD files are publicly available in a zip file on the web site at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/8823/sstc-saml-2.0-cd-pdf-xsd.zip

The individual files are:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/8821/sstc-saml-sec-consider-2.0-cd-01.pdf

Let me know if we need to make any editorial changes to the specs or whether you have any questions.

Rob Philpott
Senior Consulting Engineer
RSA Security Inc.
Tel: 781-515-7115