Subject: RE: [security-services] Comments on core-2.0-cd-01

Scott, inline

Excuse my line numbers (they must have been against the last call draft)

The lines I'm referring to are actually 2423-2429 in CD. They appear to be
specific to guiding the session participant for <assertion>s received after
the <LogoutRequest>.

We don't mention that there must be match on NameID (or equivalent) even
though we do make this requirement in the paragraph above (Lines 2415-2417)
for the more general case when the <LogoutRequest> arrives after the
<Assertion>

>I think there's some language in the single logout profile about this,
>because there was a sense on my part that it wasn't obvious at the core
>protocol level exactly what relationship existed between
>assertions and the
>logout process.
>
>Whereas in the profile, it's discussed more in the context of
>SSO. See line
>1256 of profiles.
>
>I'm willing to say more, but it's not quite so clear where to do it.
>
>> Section 8.3 -
>> urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:encrypted missing
>> from list of valid Format values
>
>We *may* not want to place it there, because it's actually not a NameID
>Format, but rather only gets used in a NameIDPolicy element's Format
>attribute.
>
>It was an oversight not saying something more about it, but I
>don't think we
>should add to that section.

Well the intro para for 8.3 says 'The following identifiers MAY be used in
the Format attribute of the <NameID>, <NameIDPolicy> ....' so the opening is
there to list it in this section.

In that case, the title of the section could be massaged.

Paul