Subject: Re: [security-services] Session Authority and Participant definitions

John Kemp wrote:
 > Although I searched through Kavi for my original proposal on dynamic
 > sessions, I was unable to find it, so I've come up with the following
 > simple proposals for the glossary definitions:
 >
 > Session Authority
 >
 >     A /system entity/ that initiates a /session/, and may retain data
 > regarding the state of the session.
 >
 > Session Participant
 >
 >     A /system entity/ which participates in a /session/ shared with at
 > least a /session authority/.
 >
 > I believe that this proposal covers action item #195.

builds upon these proposed defn's...

Session Authority
A role donned by a system entity when it maintains state related to sessions.
Identity providers often fulfill this role.

Session Participant
A role donned by a system entity when it participates in a session with at
least a session authority.

JeffH