Subject: SAML v2.0 spec assertion schema xmldsig namespace conflict

[Posted for a fellow colleague and looking for a response…]

Hi,

Whilst trying to apply java XML binding to the SAML 2.0 assertion schema (sstc-saml-schema-assertion-2.0.xsd) I discovered that the version of the xmldsig schema used in the assertion schema was different to the the xmldsig schema used by the xmlenc schema.

Also, the assertion schema uses the same namespace qualifier (ds) as the xmlenc schema for xmldsig.

This causes a namespace conflict when using java XML binding.

I'm not sure if the use of different versions was intentional, but if it was, the namespace conflict would not occur if the assertion schema used a namespace qualifier for xmldsig which differed from the xmldsig namespace qualifier used by the xmlenc schema.

Thanks,

-Raj

Product Manager, eTrust Security Management Solutions

Gavenraj.sodhi@ca.com

M:  +1 949 350-8808