Subject: Re: [security-services] "Registration" process for third-party SAMLcustomizations

Hi Eve,

The only quibble I would have with this statement is that I don't
consider further profiling to be an example of SAML "extensibility". In
most cases, it seems to me that particular groups of SAML users will
wish to further profile the specifications - by creating new protocol
profiles, or new authentication classes. In other cases, groups will
decide to extend the SAML schema (to create new Conditions for example).

But I guess all I would do to your statement below is to amend the first
couple of sentences to read something like:

"SAML is designed both for extensibility and general applicability. It
is anticipated that some SAML users may wish to further profile or
extend the SAML specifications, by custom-designing their own protocol
profiles, attribute profiles..."

- JohnK