Subject: RE: [security-services] Editorial Update to Section 3.3 of confor mance

Scott,

The relationship between Section 8.4 (core) and
Section 3.3 (conformance) requires clarification
because of (example) text of the form:

URI: urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:consent:obtained

Indicates that a principal’s consent has been obtained
by the issuer of the message.

Your position seems to be that a conformant SAML
generator should be able to include "obtained" in any
message thru a configuration setting. Ultimately, this
would lead to conformance tests in which SAML
generators are required to insert any of the constants
into messages. And at the same time there would be no
requirement to test whether the implementation
provides some means of obtaining consent.

Is this the position that is broadly acceptable? If
so, we should have some text in Section 3.3 of
conformance that reflects this understanding.

- prateek