Subject: RE: [security-services] Proposed addition to Section 3.3 of Conformance

> A SAML implementation can provide the facilities described
> above through direct implementation support for the
> identifiers or through the use of supported API's. API's
> provided for this purpose must allow the SAML implementation
> to be programmatically extended to handle all identifiers in
> section 8.2 and 8.3 that are not natively handled by the
> implementation.

Can we s/APIs/programming interfaces? Sounds a little less wonkish for the
document to me.

> Note that only sections 8.3.7 (persistent name identifiers)
> and 8.3.8 (transient name identifiers) define normative
> processing rules for the identifiers. The remaining
> identifiers in sections 8.2 and 8.3 specify no normative
> processing rules.  All normative processing rules in sections
> 8.3.7 and 8.3.8 must be supported.

The only normative rules that apply to an SP are that you shouldn't store a
transient (so it's not a "do this", but a "don't do this"). I think it's
worth saying that, maybe changing the first sentence to:

"Note that only sections 8.3.7 (persistent name identifiers) and 8.3.8
(transient name identifiers) define normative processing rules for the
*producer of such* identifiers."