Subject: SAML 1.x metadata profile: NameIdentifier format

In section 2.5 the SAML1.x metadata profile restricts the NameFormat and Name attributes of the Attribute elements to SAML 1.x namespaces.
Should we do the same for SAML 1.x NameIdentifierFormats?

A small editorial note, on line 88:
For this reason, we define two new URI's for use in identifying SAML 1.0 and 1.1:
urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:protocol
urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:protocol

The SAML 1.0 identifier already exists so I'd suggest something like:
For this reason, the existing identifier will be used to indicate support for SAML 1.0 and we define a new identifier to indicate support for SAML 1.1:urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:protocol

- Cameron

Cameron Morris
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Linux and identity solutions
http://www.novell.com