Subject: Re: [security-services] Status of drafts seeking CD or other "official" status

Would be nice to have some guidelines and criteria around when a document needs to be taken forward to CD status for classification as an "Official TC Document",

Inactive hide details for prateek mishra <pmishra@principalidentity.com>prateek mishra <pmishra@principalidentity.com>

          prateek mishra <pmishra@principalidentity.com>

          03/28/2005 05:12 PM

security-services@lists.oasis-open.org

cc

Subject

[security-services] Status of drafts seeking CD or other "official" status

Colleagues,

With the completion of SAML 2.0, there are a number of standalone drafts that various subgroups are taking forward within the TC. Our general policy has been to take these drafts forward to CD status. For example, as part of the SAML 1.1 effort, a technical overview document was created and ultimately voted on by the SSTC to be a CD.

Based on the discussion during the last full call:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200503/msg00091.html

there appears to be some confusion about this policy. I think it would be helpful for the TC to discuss this issue and come to some consensus.

Should we create a separate track for documents that are immutable "official TC documents" and can therefore be cited as SSTC documents by others? Or is the current approach adequate and appropriate?

- prateek

GIF image