Subject: Re: [security-services] Forwarding thread on "previously established an identifier usable by the requester"?

On Apr 5, 2005, at 10:42 AM, prateek mishra wrote:

> Thanks for the characterization below, it confirms to me that
> AllowCreate deals with issues that the specification we otherwise
> avoid as being at the "next layer": the when and how of identifier
> creation, sharing, flows between partners, lifetimes etc.
>
> I think the best thing to do would be to capture your characterization
> and limit or discourage its use outside certain narrow contexts (for
> any identifier other than persistent??).

I think there are a couple of choices:

1) Limit AllowCreate to the 'persistent' format (or other formats that
dynamically assign persistent IDs, as Scott suggests), which should be
sufficient to satisfy the original Liberty requirement (please speak up
Liberty folks, if you disagree)

2) Let AllowCreate apply to all non-'transient' (or 'transient'-like)
formats, with the meaning that it governs creation of the relationship
where the non-transient IDs are shared (trying hard not to use the term
'federation').

-Greg