Subject: RE: [security-services] Errata in ManageNameIDRequest text

I'm sure Scott is quite tired of hearing from me at this point but let me chime in again.  The text in the specs seems to be a bit contradictory.  For example:

"After establishing a name identifier for a principal, an identity provider wishing to change the value and/or format of the identifier that it will use when referring to the principal" - Core line 2412

But shortly after that it says:

"<NewID> or <NewEncryptedID> or <Terminate> [Required]

The new identifier value (in plaintext or encrypted form) to be used when communicating with the requesting provider concerning this principal" - Core line 2433

Not that Profiles also talks about the IDP changing the format on line 1321.

I’d propose that, in addition to the changes Scott has suggested, that the ‘and/or format’ be removed from line 1321 of Profiles and from 2412-3 or Core.