Subject: Third-party AuthnRequest use case

The portal "push" use case is one example where it would be useful to
have a third-party, the portal, create an AuthnRequest that can be
delivered to the IdP and ultimately deliver the authenticated user to
an SP.

This sort of works with the existing AuthnRequest, but I'm not sure it
was intended and there are a few issues:

1) The AuthnRequest issuer is expected to be the SP to send the
Response to. This means that a third-party issuer has to lie about who
it is, precluding the use of request authentication (signing). Note
that if the SP advertises that it signs AuthnRequests, IdPs are
justified in rejecting unsigned requests.

2) The Response's inResponseTo won't make sense to the SP. I believe we
have text that talks about receiving a Response without an inResponseTo
(an unsolicited response), but we don't discuss the possibility of
receiving a Response with an inResponseTo that refers to an
AuthnRequest that the SP didn't generate.

3) Handling RelayState. I'm not sure where we stand on using RelayState
in unsolicited responses to convey TARGET information, but I think the
current language is weak enough that it really can't be expected to
work... it certainly won't work if SP's are keying on an empty
inResponseTo to decide that RelayState might contain a TARGET.

-Greg