Subject: Authentication Response IssuerName vs. Assertion IssuerName

Title: Message
Hi, I noticed that the IssuerName is not a MUST for a Response.

However, for an unsolicited Response, this makes handling EncryptedAssertion elements whose decryption certs are exchanged via metadata (and not in the Response) more difficult or impossible. I.e., if KeyName/X509SerialNumber is not part of the EncryptedAssertion, how would you know which descryption key to use?

Am  I missing something here? Should IssuerName be required in the Response to avoid these types of issues?

Tom.

Thomas Wisniewski
Software Architect
Phone: (201) 891-0524