Subject: RE: [security-services] ECP operational mode and the identity provider discovery profile

It is already in the errata doc. We will bring this up in the next call and hopefully approve of the change quickly.

Jahan

------------------------------
Jahan Moreh
Chief Security Architect
310.288.2141

-----Original Message-----
From: prateek mishra [mailto:pmishra@principalidentity.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 10:43 AM
To: eric@projectliberty.org; security-services@lists.oasis-open.org; jmoreh@sigaba.com

I had taken an action at the last conference call (June 7) to respond to Eric's comment. I agree with his suggestion that "the relevant cell in the matrix should say OPTIONAL rather than N/A."

Jahan: could you please add this to the errata list.

- prateek

Comment from: eric@projectliberty.org

Name: Eric Tiffany
Title: Interop and Conformance Technical Lead
Regarding Specification: Conformance

The Feature Matrix (Table 2), last row, lists Identity Provider Discovery as N/A in the ECP column.  However, the Profiles spec (line 725) notes that "The ECP MAY use the SAML identity provider discovery profile" to determine the IdP.

So I think that the relevant cell in the matrix should say OPTIONAL rather than N/A.