Subject: RE: [security-services] PE2 and <ArtifactResolutionService>

Okay. I guess, otherwise, it would have been mentioned in the
Artifact profile too, and in SAMLBind (strengthening the
advice there on how Metadata could be used along with the
EndpointIndex).

The text in SAMLProf at para (Line 639), however, is just
another bare statement in the conjunction set that is the
specification ... unlike all the other appearances of Metadata
uses, including in the numbered Metadata sections, each
use/para of which is couched in a bed of SHOULD/MAY
conditionals and non-normative text.

Perhaps that "if you do use it" text you mention should be
added there (e.g. if the artifact issuer does use metadata
as specified in [SAMLMeta])?

What do you think, as well, of adding in SAMLMeta text some
text about this in SSODescriptorType, for any entity delivering
requests or responses using HTTP Artifact ... in parallel to
the way SingleSignOnService is couched, wrt to any SAML authority
that supports the Authentication Request protocol (aka IDP)?

--Nick