Subject: RE: [security-services] Interop Test question: Metadata 2.0 EndpointType question

IMHO, "A" is the (only) proper interpretation.  The text, "When a role
contains an element of this type pertaining to a protocol or profile for
which only a single type of message (request or response) is applicable,
then the ResponseLocation attribute is unused" is refereeing to
endpoints like the Assertion Consumer Service and the SSO Service which
would only ever receive a particular type of message (response or
request respectively).  It makes no mention of binding - perhaps it
should be called out that a response location for a synchronous binding
is nonsensical but that really should be clear.

The text below from metadata implies (I think) that ResponseLocation is
optional and that if it's not included, the Location should be used for
both request and response.

"ResponseLocation [Optional]
Optionally specifies a different location to which response messages
sent as part of the protocol or profile should be sent. The allowable
syntax of this URI depends on the protocol binding."

EndpointType question