Subject: RequestedAuthnContext

Title: Message
Hi, I just wanted to clarify the definitions of "better" and "maximum" in section 3.3.2.2.1 of Core:

If there is a hierarchy of auth methods/contexts  (1 thru 4, 1 being the lowest/weakest), if the RequestedAuthnContext specifies

1. auth context of 2 and 3 with comparison "maximum", then either 1, 2, or 3 would satisfy this portion of the request  (the s strongest of these should always be returned). I.e., if t he user at the authority authenticated with only 1, that would be fine to satisfy this request. As a note, only 4 would not be allowed.

2. for "better", does the phrase "stronger than any one" mean "stronger than all" or "stronger than one"? As an example, consider auth context of 2 and 3 with comparison "better", the former interpretation suggests that only 4 would satisfy the request (as 4 is stronger than both 2 and 3). My latter interpretation would suggest that 3 or 4 would satisfy it (as 3 is strong than 2).

Thanks, Tom.