Subject: FW: [lap-all] Announcing the Liberty Alliance July 2006Interoperability Conformance Event

Title: FW: [lap-all]  Announcing the Liberty Alliance July 2006 Interoperability Conformance Event
Forwarding this message regarding SAML 2.0 testing at the July Liberty Interoperability Conformance Event.

As noted, please contact Debbie Mac (debbie@projectliberty.org) or me for additional information.

ET
Eric  Tiffany             |   eric@projectliberty.org
Interop Tech  Lead        |  +1 413-458-3743
Liberty Alliance          |  +1 413-627-1778 mobile

------ Forwarded Message
From: Debbie Mac debbie@projectliberty.org
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:21:49 -0700
To: lap-all@projectliberty.org

Dear Liberty Alliance Members,

The Liberty Alliance Project is pleased to announce the July 24-28, 2006 Interoperability Conformance Test Event in Piscataway, New Jersey, USA.  This event is open to any organization that has a working implementation of the Liberty Alliance ID-FF 1.1, ID-FF 1.2, ID-WSF 1.0, ID-WSF 1.1 or SAML 2.0 v2.0 OASIS Standard* Specifications.

At this event, each registered implementation will demonstrate interoperability by completing a series of peer-to-peer tests with at least two other implementations.  The test procedures are designed by Liberty Alliance to exercise all the specification features as defined by the Static Conformance Requirements.

*This event will mark the introduction of a new, more robust version of the SAML 2.0 testing procedures – version 2.0.  Responding to requests we’ve had from end-user deployers as well as RFPs that have been shared with us, we’ve updated the testing procedures to help participants more successfully validate capabilities for prospective buyers.  These enhanced testing procedures include:
We believe this new testing procedure and certification awarding will be very beneficial to participants.  In addition to making it easier for implementers to test at a faster pace, with fewer misunderstandings and test repetitions, it also covers areas not required by the Static Conformance Requirements (SCR) but more in line with the diverse way that implementations are being deployed.  It also improves the quality of implementations, provides greater assurance of interoperability across diverse deployments and configurations, and exercises SAML features that are being used in practical applications, ensuring that these “application layer” interfaces will interoperate.  Ultimately, our goal with the program is to better assure interoperability and product capabilities for marketplace success, and we believe this new testing program accomplishes ! this well.

The event will take place from Monday, July 24th to Friday, July 28th, 2006 at:

IEEE-ISTO offices
445 Hoes Lane
Piscataway, NJ 08854
USA

Vendors who will be testing at this event are strongly encouraged to attend the June Preliminary Test Event taking place June 5-9, 2006 at Novell, Provo, Utah. The preliminary cut-off date for registering for the Preliminary Test Event (via the Conformance Event registration site) is May 22, 2006.

Novell

1800 South Novell Place

Provo, Utah 84606

USA

***We encourage all vendors planning to test any specifications other than the SAML 2.0 OASIS Standard to register early.  Registrations will be evaluated in late May and any specifications that do not have the minimum number (3) of registered implementations will not be tested at this Interoperability Conformance event.  For example, if not enough ID-FF 1.1 implementations are registered by late May, ID-FF 1.1 will not be tested during this event. ***

Registration Information

The registration fee for the Interoperability Conformance Event is $9000 USD per Organization Team. Liberty Alliance member organizations receive a 50% discount.  Each team may have a maximum of three members per event.

The registration fee for the associated Preliminary Test Event is $1500 USD per organization team.  Each team may have a maximum of three members.

Participating companies may not send individuals to the event as observers. All team members must be actively involved with the testing of the product. Registrations are subject to review.

These fees typically cover breakfast, lunch, coffee/tea, afternoon snack and ancillary costs related to the setup and hosting of the event.

You may click here  for more information and for the link to register   for the event. Registration for the Interoperability Conformance Event will close on July 17, 2006.   If you plan to attend the Preliminary Test Event as well we encourage you to register before May 22nd (at the latest).

We encourage members to forward this information externally to interested partners, customers and suppliers.

We invite your participation in this next round of Conformance Testing, and look forward to the success it helps testers achieve with marketplace sales.

Kind Regards,

Debbie Mac
Program Manager
Liberty Alliance Project