Subject: fyi: draft-hodges-saml-binding-no-xmldsig-00

Hi, Scott Cantor and I have concocted the attached new draft SAML binding. The
central thesis is that for various implementation and deployment scenarios,
reliance upon XMLdsig is an inhibitor. So this new binding, which we've
tentatively entitled "", is an answer. It is HTTP POST-based, with an
_optional_ signature mechanism. The signature is over the entire conveyed SAML
message "blob" and any RelayState (and SigAlg ;).

Portions of the spec remaining to be fixed up are noted with Maleresque
"@@TODO" tags.

Comments appreciated.

thanks,

JeffH & Scott

draft-hodges-saml-binding-no-xmldsig-00.pdf