Subject: FW: SAML 1.0 or 1.1

Hi folks,

  Can someone respond to this question?

Thanks!

Mary

From: Burns, Ed [mailto:elburns@bcbsm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 2:59 PM
To: tc-admin@oasis-open.org
Subject: SAML 1.0 or 1.1

To Whom It May Concern:

We are currently reviewing the use of SAML 1.0 and 1.1 specifications for

secure communications between ourselves and our external partners.  I am

wondering if you can give me the details behind the pros and cons of using

SAML 1.1 vs. 1.0?  Do you recommend one version over the other when it comes

to security?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Ed Burns

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan

Senior Systems Engineer

Phone: 248-486-2261

The information contained in this communication is highly confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom this communication is directed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution of this information is prohibited. Please notify the sender, by electronic mail or telephone, of any unintended receipt and delete the original message without making any copies.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network of Michigan are nonprofit corporations and independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.