Subject: RE: [security-services] Fwd: comments: draft-sstc-saml1x-metadata-05 (should be draft-sstc-saml1x-metadata-06)

> > [line 73] Insert non-breaking space at the end of the line.

I don't know for sure what that means, but I think you're asking me to
somehow control the line wrap point, and I don't think I can and see no
reason why I would want to.

> > [line 179] s/elements'/element's/
>
> [line 202] s/elements'/element's/ (still true despite the
> change in wording)

Just changing that will invalidate the intent behind the sentence, I'll have
to reword more.

> > [line 240] Change the URL to:
> >
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3405/oasis-s
> stc-saml-bindings-1.1.pdf
> >
> > [line 243] Change the URL to:
> >
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3406/oasis-s
> stc-saml-core-1.1.pdf
>
> Can we have permanent URLs to the SAML V1.1 standards?

I don't know, but I ain't using those and don't see any compelling reason
why it matters, the 1.1 specs are clearly hosted on the specified page.

> > [lines 245--246] Change the URL to:
> >
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18048/sstc-s
> aml1x-metadata.xsd
>
> Finding the schema document will be difficult without a better URL.

There is no better one until final publication, and I think it's unnecessary
to introduce a temporary reference that will just get out of sync until
then.

> [lines 22--23] Delete the sentence "This is a Committee Draft approved
> by the Security Services Technical Committee on 15 March 2005."

I did, it's redlined in my copy.

> [table after line 71] The sentence "This is the SAML V2.0 metadata
> namespace defined in the SAML V2.0 metadata specification
> [SAML2Meta]." conflicts with phrases introduced in the latest versions
> of other documents.

Don't know what that means, but I did see an error in one of the other
documents (mentions core, not metadata, cut and paste error).

> [line 339] Delete this line.

I'm just waiting for the final editor (Eve probably) to replace all the
credit sections with an updated TC list.