Subject: AI #0238 closed! Errata composite documents are up to date wrterrata-33

Whoo-hoo!

I'd like to request an agenda item for our call next Tuesday to
discuss the errata composite work and the questions I raise below.

I have linked all the docs from a news item at the top of the SSTC
home page:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=security

Here are the individual links:

Errata-33:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/19460/sstc-saml-errata-2.0-draft-33.pdf
Core:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/19628/sstc-saml-core-errata-2.0-wd-01-diff.pdf
Bindings:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/19630/sstc-saml-bindings-errata-2.0-wd-01-diff.pdf
Conformance:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/19640/sstc-saml-conformance-errata-2.0-wd-01-diff.pdf
Metadata:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/19697/sstc-saml-metadata-errata-2.0-wd-01-diff.pdf
Profiles:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/19701/sstc-saml-profiles-errata-2.0-wd-01-diff.pdf

It would be really, really helpful if I could get at least one
additional set of eyeballs to do a thorough check of all this, to
make sure that I didn't miss anything, that I didn't incorrectly
apply a fix, and that any places where I was required to exercise
editorial judgment were fairly rendered.  Any volunteers??

One particular hotspot was in the implementation of PE53 (the moving
of the LDAP Encoding attribute to <Attribute> from <AttributeValue>
in Profiles).  Also note that a typo correction in PE39 became
unnecessary once PE53 was implemented, so the TC should probably go
on record as "undoing" PE39.

I have a question about how "identical" these errata composite docs
should be to the original OASIS Standard docs.  For example, I got a
query about listing new names on the contributors' lists, where
people have contributed to the errata process.  What should we do
about that?  Also, some formatting may have inadvertently changed in
the change from .sxw to .odt; I plan to fix that "silently" (no
change bars) but rely on others to point out instances of it.

 From now on, I'll plan to track new errata doc revisions fairly
closely, so I don't think there's a need for a new/ongoing action
item for this.

FYI, I still have a couple of edits to do to the "deferred issues"
list to complete my mining of the current errata document; once I do
that I'll link it from the SSTC home page as well.  For your
reference, the current issues doc is here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18076/sstc-saml-2.0-deferred-issues-01.pdf

	Eve
--
Eve Maler                                         +1 425 947 4522
Technology Director                           eve.maler @ sun.com