Subject: RE: comments: draft-sstc-saml-metadata-ext-query-02

> Only the "catch all" is relevant.

I think they're all relevant because they clearly establish the intent of
the profile in regards to that attribute. Not to mention that it explicitly
*says* what the values are for both versions of SAML at the top of the
profile before it even discusses the roles.

> As far as I can tell, this passage says the use case I mentioned above
> is undefined, and moreover, it is not defined elsewhere (in
> particular, in the metadata extension spec) so it's not at all clear
> (to me anyways :) what's supposed to be done in the case of V1.x
> entities.

There are any number of guidelines to follow for SAML 1.x in the profile,
and all of them are referenced in aggregate by the extension document
several times. I don't see why we should repeat the entire profile again.

If someone can come up with a single possible interpretation for that
attribute's content that is other than the intended one, I'm all ears.