Subject: RE: [security-services] Re: comments: draft-sstc-saml-metadata-ext-query-02

> I suggested this before but I think you missed it:

I didn't miss it, but you could just as easily ask what to do with other
elements (e.g. <Attribute>). But the extension document says over and over:

"See the SAML V1.x Metadata Profile [SAML1xMeta] for specifics on the
transformation and use of particular elements and attributes for use with
SAML V1.x."

In other words, you just follow the same completely obvious rules as every
other role.

I don't see the need to force it. It's directly incorporated already and if
there's some strange reason to do something different with
protocolSupportEnum (or anything else) in a future extension for some
unforeseen purpose, you're not forced into it. I can't say what that would
be, but that's what unforeseen means.