Subject: New versions of Shared Credential specs & schemas

Colleagues, I've uploaded a (nother) bunch of revisions for the various
pieces of the Shared Credential topic - primarily reflecting mods we
introduced to address issues we found with how we were modelling schemas
for the Authentication Context schema and classes.

In short, beccause core AC schema defines a single multi-occurrence
<Extension> element, contraining this element to MUST have particular
content (as we were trying) imposes the same requirement on every
occurrence of the element in other places in the AC XML structure. We
avoid this now by, for our two class schemas, separately

a) stipulating that there MUST be an <Extension> element in the
<PrinciplalAuthenticationMechanism>
2) stipulating appropriate values for the content of the
<SharedCredential>  element within the above <Extension>

We fall back on prose to force the <Extension> to  have a child
<SharedCredential> element.

I'll try to make sense of the various docs here.

The <RequestedACCombinations> protocol extension is defined in [1]
(redlined version at [7]) with accompanying schema in [2]

The <SharedCredential> Authentication Context extension is defined in
[3] (redlined version at [8]) with accompanying schema in [4].

Additionally, [3] introduces two new AC classes and associated URIs that
differentiate based on the AC extension (the two associated schemas for
these AC classes are [5] & [6].)

Regards

Ashish & Paul

Document Links