Subject: Re: [security-services] Additional SSO Scenarios from GUIDE prject([Fwd: FW: OASIS vs GUIDE])

Okay, as promised, a small handful of thoughts on the GUIDE scenarios.

Scenario 1 describes classic situations already well within SAML2's
purview already, as noted.

Scenarios 2 and 3 are a little more confusing.  They involve
different levels of delegation of authority, which is famous for
having "nontechnical" components that are extremely difficult to get
right.  My initial thought was that they could perhaps benefit from
the fact that Liberty Web Services already handles what could be
called "delegation of access", wherein you authorize access of
others to your own attribute services.  But at the end of the day I
just wasn't sure how to read these scenarios, and was mostly
interested in hearing more.

	Eve

--
Eve Maler                                         +1 425 947 4522
Technology Director                           eve.maler @ sun.com