Subject: Re: [security-services] errata: misuse of strongly matches

On 10/25/06, Scott Cantor <cantor.2@osu.edu> wrote:

> > Then what is the point of having a default Format?
>
> There is no point, I argued against it.

In any event, it is specified that if the <NameID> element has no
Format attribute, it is equivalent to one that has an "unspecified"
Format attribute.  It seems this should be taken into account on lines
2600--2601 of SAMLCore and lines 1299--1301 of SAMLProf.  Otherwise
there's an inconsistency with respect to <NameID>.

Tom