Subject: Re: [security-services] The debut of the Approved Errata document

Tom Scavo wrote:
> On 1/14/07, Eve L. Maler <Eve.Maler@sun.com> wrote:
>>
>> - Are edits to Core for E61 acceptable?
>
> Since SubjectQueryAbstractType is derived from RequestAbstractType, I
> wonder if the latter should be mentioned first.  I offer the following
> rewrite as one possible alternative:
>
> 7.1.2 Protocol Schema Extension
>
> The samlp:RequestAbstractType is available for use as an extension
> point in extension schema.  The following SAML protocol element, which
> itself is an extension of samlp:RequestAbstractType, is also available
> for use as an extension point:
>
> <SubjectQuery> and SubjectQueryAbstractType
>
> The following SAML protocol elements are derived from
> samlp:SubjectQueryAbstractType and are therefore particularly
> interesting targets for extension:
>
>  <AuthnQuery> and AuthnQueryType
>  <AttributeQuery> and AttributeQueryType
>  <AuthzDecisionQuery> and AuthzDecisionQueryType
>
> Likewise the concrete type samlp:StatusResponseType is a possible
> extension point.

That's an improvement -- thanks.  If folks agree, I'll edit into the
next rev.

>> - Unmade edit to change "tc" to "TC" at lines "1571-1572" in Core:
>>    The problem is that I can't find where to do this!  Can someone
>>    remind me?  (Tom S.?)
>
> I'm not following you, Eve.  This doesn't have anything to do with E60
> or E61, right?  In any event, I can't find the lines you're referring
> to, either in core original or core amended.

Sorry, that wasn't explained very well.  For the longest time I've
had this "note to self" that reads:

   Lines 1571 and 1572 use "TC" instead of "tc"

I remember thinking that it had something to do with a URN
correction, but that doesn't seem to be it.  I can't for the life of
me figure out what it meant or where it came from, even after
trolling the SSTC list, but since you had made so many good catches,
I thought maybe it was one of yours.

If it's nothing, then I'll just forget it...

	Eve
--
Eve Maler                                         +1 425 947 4522
Technology Director                           eve.maler @ sun.com