Subject: Re: [security-services] The debut of the Approved Errata document

I'm finishing up the last few errata editing items.  On E61, in
reviewing Tom's suggested edit, I was feeling a little uncomfortable
that it makes such deep edits (something we should avoid when we can
in errata) for a relatively trivial point, and also I noticed that
it goes against the introductory sentence in Section 7.1 that says
"The following sections discuss only elements and types that have
been specifically designed to support extensibility."

Since it seems we didn't officially approve the wording for E61 yet
(I couldn't find it in the 16 Jan 2007 notes), I'd like to suggest
we take another look at this in tomorrow's call.  Here is the
wording I propose as an alternative -- I will include this in the
edits I make on a prospective basis, but can change it afterward if
need be.

"The following SAML protocol *construct*s are intended specifically
for use as extension points in an extension schema; *the types
listed* are set to abstract, and are thus usable only as the base of
a derived type:

• RequestAbstractType
• <SubjectQuery> and SubjectQueryAbstractType"

	Eve

--
Eve Maler                                         +1 425 947 4522
Technology Director                           eve.maler @ sun.com