Subject: Summary of errata-related updates for 13 Feb 2007 telecon

I had Kavi send notices of only those forms of the documents that I
thought would be most helpful, so that I didn't totally swamp people
with those things.  Below I provide a complete listing of links and
a summary of what was changed.

====
Approved Errata (on a standardization track) working draft 02:

Source:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22390/sstc-saml-approved-errata-2.0-wd-02.odt
Plain PDF (best for review):
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22391/sstc-saml-approved-errata-2.0-wd-02.pdf
Redline PDF:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22392/sstc-saml-approved-errata-2.0-wd-02-diff.pdf

The Approved Errata document has undergone a major revision, with
section numbers and very brief rationales added.  It's important
that these additions be reviewed.  We should be considering whether
this document should progress to Committee Draft status and be sent
for public review.  The Errata Composites should be considered a
non-normative contribution to the same review bundle.  (I don't
think it's necessary to include the Errata Working Document in that
bundle; it can be considered historical.)

====
Errata Composites (redlines; there are no PDFs):

Bindings (rev 04)
Source:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22380/sstc-saml-bindings-errata-2.0-wd-04.odt
Redline PDF:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22381/sstc-saml-bindings-errata-2.0-wd-04-diff.pdf

Conformance (rev 03)
Source:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22382/sstc-saml-conformance-errata-2.0-wd-03.odt
Redline PDF:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22383/sstc-saml-conformance-errata-2.0-wd-03-diff.pdf

Core (rev 04)
Source:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22384/sstc-saml-core-errata-2.0-wd-04.odt
Redline PDF:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22385/sstc-saml-core-errata-2.0-wd-04-diff.pdf

Metadata (rev 03)
Source:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22386/sstc-saml-metadata-errata-2.0-wd-03.odt
Redline PDF:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22387/sstc-saml-metadata-errata-2.0-wd-03-diff.pdf

Profiles (rev 05)
Source:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22388/sstc-saml-profiles-errata-2.0-wd-05.odt
Redline PDF:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22389/sstc-saml-profiles-errata-2.0-wd-05-diff.pdf

These are mostly minor revisions.  I finished the change from PEnn
to Enn; implemented E61, E62, and E63; and corrected a few small
items.  It would be ideal if these documents received at least a
moderate review in concert with the Approved Errata.

====
Errata Working Document (rationales and backstory) rev 39:

Source:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22377/sstc-saml-errata-2.0-draft-39.odt
Plain PDF:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22378/sstc-saml-errata-2.0-draft-39.pdf
Redline PDF (marginally useful):
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22379/sstc-saml-errata-2.0-draft-39-diff.pdf

I cleaned up this document's formatting a bit; recorded the
dispositions of E62 and E63; and prospectively revised E61 according
to the proposal I sent earlier today.

	Eve
--
Eve Maler                                         +1 425 947 4522
Technology Director                           eve.maler @ sun.com