Subject: Attribute Sharing Profile for X.509 Authentication-Based Systems (Draft-12)

Draft-12 of the Attribute Sharing Profile has been uploaded to the archive:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/download.php/23148/sstc-saml-x509-authn-attrib-profile-draft-12.odt
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/download.php/23149/sstc-saml-x509-authn-attrib-profile-draft-12.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/download.php/23150/sstc-saml-x509-authn-attrib-profile-draft-12-diff.pdf

There are still two "bugs" that I can see:

1. The <saml:Audience> requirement on lines 191--192 can only be met
if the SP authenticates to the IdP, but the security characteristics
of Basic Mode are mostly inherited from the Attribute Query/Request
Profile, which does not mandate authenticated queries.

2. The metadata requirements in section 3.4 stipulate that if SAML
metadata is used, query:AttributeQueryDescriptorType SHOULD be used,
but since this type is the only such type available for use, it seems
the normative language is too weak in this case.

Perhaps we can discuss these issues on the next con-call.

Tom Scavo
NCSA/University of Illinois