Subject: CD prep tips for other editors

Since Tom asked, and the HTML situation is so joyously fun, I thought I'd
provide some tips on this...

Basic doc prep for a WD -> CD is just changing some boilerplate to say
Committee Draft and changing the doc name to sstc-<title>-cd-<draftnum>

To create the Voting Member's List for the Appendix, cut and paste from a
recent CD, and then cross check against this page:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=security

You list everybody except the ones labeled "Member".

Finally, to wrestle Open Office to the mat, you can either Export to XHTML
if you have no graphics and want an unreadable document, or you can go
through these steps:

Save As HTML.
Use the Tidy utility to clean it up and convert to (mostly) XHTML.
	http://tidy.sourceforge.net/
Finally, run it through the W3C validator page, or some other web site, to
find all the remaining XHTML violations and fix them.
Rename the file to an xhtml extension.
Zip up with the graphics.

The end product will be valid, but it won't be readable in a browser except
Firefox, if you keep the extension xhtml. Use html and you'll get font mess
ups.

In neither case will the HTML product be usable as a spec. So I don't know
what the point of this is, but until OASIS changes this rule, there you have
it.