Subject: Minutes for 7/17/2007 concall (Moved Tony to non-voting Attendees)

Minutes taken by Jeff Bohren

Attendance of Voting Members

  Steve Anderson BMC Software
  Abbie Barbir Nortel
  Jeff Bohren BMC Software
  Brian Campbell Ping Identity
  Carolina Canales-Valenzuela Ericsson
  Scott Cantor Internet2
  Peter Davis NeuStar
  George Fletcher AOL
  Frederick Hirsch Nokia
  Ari Kermaier Oracle
  Hal Lockhart BEA Systems, Inc
  Eve Maler Sun Microsystems
  Rob Philpott EMC Corporation
  Anil Saldhana Red Hat
  Tom Scavo National Center for Supercomputing Applications
  David Staggs Veteran's Health Admin
  Eric Tiffany IEEE Industry Standards

Attendance of Non-Voting Members

  Anthony Nadalin IBM
  Lakshmi Thiyagarajan Hewlett-Packard Company

Membership Status Updates

  Emily Xu Sun Microsystems - Requested LOA for all of July 2007
  Lakshmi Thiyagarajan Hewlett-Packard Company - Granted membership
6/20/2007
  Greg Whitehead Hewlett-Packard Company - Left OASIS-member company
(HP) 6/29/2007

Met Quorum

Fredrick Hirsch will do minutes next meeting minutes.

1. Approve minutes from June 19

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200707/msg00006.h
tml

BC: Approved.

2. Administrative
2.1 XHTML -> XHTML or HTML and Conformance Clauses
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200707/msg00007.h
tml

BC: OASIS has approved either HTML or XHTML for TC standard documents.
Rehashed the need for performance clauses for specs issued after June 1.

3. Document Status

3.0 Eight wiki pages added to track status and milestones for documents

3.1 Docs on their way to OS
3.1.1 Metadata Profile for the OASIS Security Assertion Markup Language
(SAML) V1.x
Need to produce CS version prior to submission for OASIS Standard
(AI#298)

3.1.2 Metadata Extension for SAML V2.0 and V1.x Query Requesters Need to
produce CS version prior to submission for OASIS Standard
(AI#299)

BC: Do we want to treat as one document or two:

HL: we have a choice to produce both documents as one standard or two.
Current default is two. We would need two ballots and two entries on the
public page. If we want them treated as one standard we need to invent a
name that combines both.

Rob: prefers combined into one.

BC: these two are geared at two different use cases. That would be the
drawback to combining. That must be balanced with the problem of two
specs.

ScottC: what do we do later if we combine these. How do we maintain
these on an ongoing basis.

HL: If we combine them then when we modify one we have to approve the
other.

ScottC: it may make more sense to keep them separate. These drafts have
been around and use the old doc template.

HL: we should go ahead and apply the new template. Hal to contact Mary
to ask about this. We are trying to get a package for the Aug 15th
voting deadline.

AI - HL to contact Mary about document template.

BC: Consensus is to treat as two specs.

3.2 SAML V2.0 Errata
Submitted on 7/14 to OASIS for 15 day public review which should start
soon

BC: Mary sent notice about this yesterday. Still trying to get the
following document into  public review.

Rob: The TC homepage doesn't have a pointer to the errata document.

HL: the required conformance clause requires the RFC 2119 lang. Requires
a separate section for one or more conformance options. Believes that
there can be zero for non-normative documents. Should address how to
normatively follow the spec. The SAML 2.0 Conformance language can serve
as a model.

AI - HL to find language around the conformance statement.

BC: can non-normative documents have a null conformance clause.

HL: believe that is true.

AI - BC to ask Mary about the conformance clause.

HL: it may be that non-normative docs have to stop at CS.

BC: trying to summarize the status of these docs on the Wiki.

3.3 Docs pending public review
2.3.1 Documents needing conformance clauses *SAML V2.0 Attribute Sharing
Profile for X.509 Authentication-Based Systems *SAML V2.0 Deployment
Profiles for X.509 Subjects *Identity Provider Discovery Service
Protocol and Profile *SAMLv2.0 HTTP POST "SimpleSign" Binding

3.3.2 Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) V2.0 Technical Overview
Waiver on conformance as the doc is informational and not normative?

4 Other business

AI #298 goes to Scott Cantor.

5 Action Items

#0299: Prepare CS version of Metadata Extension for SAML V2.0 and V1.x
Query Requesters
Owner: Tom Scavo
Assigned: 2007-07-16
Due: 2007-07-25

will use the older style doc version

#0298: Prepare CS version of Metadata Profile for the OASIS Security
Assertion Markup Language (SAML) V1.x
Owner: Carolina Canales-Valenzuela
Assigned: 2007-07-16
Due: 2007-07-25

No update

#0286: Research the use of LDAP language tags
Owner: Bob Morgan
Assigned: 2007-04-11
Due: 2007-04-24

No update

#0283: Change final arrows to solid in Tech Overview diagrams
throughout.
Owner: Paul Madsen
Assigned: 2007-03-27
Due: ---

Will wait until after public review

#0282: AuthnContextDecl and AuthnContextDeclRef Confusion
Owner: Eric Tiffany
Assigned: 2007-03-27
Due: ---

Eric is looking at this, will look to close next time.

--
Steve Anderson
BMC Software