Subject: RE: [security-services] Simple Sign not so simple

Scott Cantor wrote:
>> The main theme of your response seems to be that most things
>> are obvious for you and therefore no clarification or calling out
>> is warranted.
>
> I think you have to keep something in context....you're reporting this
> literally months after the public review, and after several of us

Perhaps it would have been better not to report at all rather than
report late.

> apparently
> implemented this without confusion (or guessed correctly, whatever). I

You guys are insiders (well, I guess I am too -- and I did not have problem
implementing, but I saw various pitfalls I reported) and the fact that
the insiders happen to think in like ways does not equate to it being
obvious to an outsider.

The success of OpenID has much to do with not burdening outsiders
with having to guess what the insider's intent was.

> think
> the reasonable response to that is "if it's not broken...". I definitely
> put
> all of the XML comments in that category as they simply don't make any
> sense
> to me.
>
> But a couple of the parameter issues need to be cleaned up, and Jeff
> already
> volunteered to reopen the spec and shepherd it back through the process,
> so
> I think that's all that's needed.

Since we are doing spec revision rather than errata, I'll even
contribute the example :-)

Cheers,
--Sampo