Subject: minutes (w/ attendance) SSTC concall 3-June-2008

proposed agenda:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200806/msg00001.html

AI summary
----------

AI: Hal to call Mary regarding public review of Subject-based Profiles for
SAML V1.1 Assertions

> SSTC Conference Call
> June 3, 2008, 12:00pm ET
>
> Dial in info: +1 215 446 3648
> Access code 270-9441#
>
> Roll Call & Agenda Review

Voting Members
----------------
George Fletcher      AOL
Hal Lockhart     BEA Systems, Inc.
Rob Philpott     EMC Corporation
Nathan Klingenstein     Internet2
Bob Morgan     Internet2
Eric Tiffany     Liberty Alliance Project
Tom Scavo     NCSA
Peter Davis     NeuStar, Inc.
Jeff Hodges     NeuStar, Inc.
Frederick Hirsch     Nokia Corporation
Srinath Godavarthi     Nortel
Paul Madsen     NTT Corporation
Ari Kermaier     Oracle Corporation
Brian Campbell     Ping Identity Corporation
Anil Saldhana     Red Hat
Emily Xu     Sun Microsystems
Sampo Kellomki     Symlabs, S.A.
Kent Spaulding     Tripod Technology Group, Inc.
David Staggs     Veterans Health Administration

Quorum Achieved: 19 out of 22 Voting Members

> Need a volunteer to take minutes

Hal Lockhart (HL):  Need a volunteer...  Asks Brian in a way that is hard to
say no...

Brian Campbell (BC) ok.

> 1. Approve minutes from May 20, 2008
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200805/msg00054.h
> tml

HL: Any objection?
None.  Approved.

> 2. Administrative
>
> 2.1 Looking for a SAML news junkie
> Looking for a SAML news junkie
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200805/msg00061.h
> tml

HL: They [OASIS] were looking for someone.  Do I understand correctly that
they have someone already?
Paul Madsen (PM):  Yes, me.

> 2.2 W3C charters XML Security Working
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200806/msg00000.h
> tml

HL: This is important.  Encourages you or someone in your organization to
get involved.

> 3. Document Status
>
> 3.1 Updated Technical Overview
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200805/msg00057.h
> tml

HL:  New draft uploaded.  What were the changes?
PM: Changes address a minor mistake on signature processing.

> 3.2 XSPA Profile as a work item
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200805/msg00048.h
> tml

HL:  Discussion about this profile as a work item from last call.  People
should have had time to look at it.  Comments?

... Silence  ...

HL:  We'll take that as a green light for you to continue work, David.
David Staggs (DS):  Great.  I expect I'll be asking some of you for help as
I go along.
HL:  For what it's worth, in my opinion, it is sufficiently general enough
that it would be of wide interest.

> 4 Other business

HL:  any other business?
BC:  On behalf of Tom - wanted to check on the status of the public review
of the "Subject-based Profiles for SAML V1.1 Assertions."   Hal, have you
seen my requests to Mary?
HL:   Yes, I assumed she responded to you privately.
BC: nope
HL: OK, I'll take an AI to call her about it.
BC: thanks.

AI: Hal to call Mary regarding public review of Subject-based Profiles for
SAML V1.1 Assertions

> 5 Action Items (Report created 02 June 2008 08:58pm EDT)
>
> #0328: Revise SimpleSign
> Owner: Jeff Hodges
> Assigned: 2008-05-19
> Due: ---

Still open.

> #0329: Revise Holder-of-Key Web Browser SSO Profile WRT Authn Statements
> Owner: Nathan Klingenstein
> Assigned: 2008-05-19
> Due: ---

Nate Klingenstein (NK):  No time to do work on revisions yet.  Expect work
by next call.
HL:  Assume the same for the other 2 AIs?
NK: Yes

Still Open.

> #0330: Revise Holder-of-Key Web Browser SSO Profile to make clear what
> 'TLS' means, i.e. SSL 3, TLS 1, or TLS 1.1
> Owner: Nathan Klingenstein
> Assigned: 2008-05-19
> Due: ---

Still Open.  (See 329)

> #0331: Revise Holder-of-Key Web Browser SSO Profile to make X.509
> mandatory to implement
> Owner: Nathan Klingenstein
> Assigned: 2008-05-19
> Due: ---

Still Open. (See 329)

> #0332: Revise Query Extension for SAML AuthnReq
> Owner: Sampo Kellomki
> Assigned: 2008-05-19
> Due: ---

Still Open.

> #0333: Publish a new revision of Profile for Use of DisplayName in OASIS
> template
> Owner: Sampo Kellomki
> Assigned: 2008-05-19
> Due: ---

Still Open.

> #0334: SSTC home page cleanup after and linking to content from AI#335
> Owner: Brian Campbell
> Assigned: 2008-05-28
> Due: ---

BC: Tom was kind enough to volunteer to help out.  He's going to move/add
content to the wiki(s).  I changed the scope of 334 a bit and added 335.

Still Open.

> #0335: Add homepage content to wiki(s) as per
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200805/msg00033.h
> tml
> Owner: Tom Scavo
> Assigned: 2008-05-30
> Due: ---

Tom Scavo (TC):  Nothing yet.  Still scoping the work.

Still Open.

HL:  That's it.  Meeting adjourned.